The Histopathology Department is a tertiary referral Centre for Oncopathology and Immunofluorescence microscopy.
Facilities available in the Department are as follows:
- Histopathology- Reporting Biopsies, surgical pathology specimens & special stains.
- Intraoperative Frozen Sections – / STEROTACTIC BRAIN BIOPSIES on cryostat.
- Liquid based Cytology – for detection of malignant cells in body fluids.
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) – The procedure in performed on swellings in breast/Thyroid/Lymph nodes etc.
- Liquid based Cytology for Gynaecological – PAP Smears-For Early detection of Cervical Cancer.
- Immunohistochemistry – more than 100 tumour markers are available in the Department. These markers are done on formalin fixed tissue in paraffin blocks. These markers help in diagnosis, classification and prognosticastion of various Cancers.
- Immunofluorescence Microscopy – For evaluation of kidney and skin biopsies.Test Panel: IgG, IgA, IgM, C3, C1q, Fibrinogen, Kappa, Lamda
- Cytogenetics – Fluorescent in Situ Hybridisation (FISH) technique for Her2/neu testing in breast Cancer.
- For Direct Immunofluorescence: Fresh biopsy to be collected in Michel’s Transport Medium provided by the Histopathology Department.
- If there is a time lag between collection and delivery to the histopathology lab, kindly preserve sample at 2-8 deg.C in the refrigerator.
Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Panel
Alk1, BCL2, BCL6, CD3, CD5, CD10, CD20, CD21, CD23, CD43, CD45, CD68, CD79a, CyclinD, Pax5, TdT,Ki67
Small round cell tumor Panel
CD99, Desmin, TdT, LCA, Myogenin, Fli-1, Synaptophysin, Chromogranin, WT1
Metastatic Panel/Carcinoma of Unknown Primary (CUP)
CK7,CK20, CEA, CDX2,TTF-1, Thyroglobulin,WT1,Vimentin,PSA/PSAP, Synaptophysin/Chromogranin,S100/HMB-45
Various marker panels are available.
ER, PR, Her2neu, Ki67, GCDFP15, E Cadherin
Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Panel
LCA, CD3, CD20, CD15, CD30, PAX5
Germ cell tumor Panel
AFP, B-HCG, PLAP
CA125, CEA, Inhibin-Alpha
PSA, PSAP, AMACR, HMWCK, P63
Thyroglobulin, Calcitonin, TTF1, HBME-1
NapsinA, TTF1, CK7, BerEP4
C4d, CD10, Wilm’s Tumor (WT-1)
Colon / Gastric Panel
CDX2, CK7, CK20,
MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2
NSE, Chromogranin, Synaptopysin
HMB45, MelanA, S100
Cytokeratin, CK7, CK8+18, CK20, HMWCK, EMA, CEA, LMWCK
SMA, Desmin, CD34, S100, Vimentin, CD117
Glypican 3, HSA, AFP.
C-Kit, DOG1,SMA,S100, CD34
Calponin, P63, SMA, SMM
Plasma cell Panel
CD138, Kappa, Lambda