Mrs. Trupti Thanekar
Sr. Medical Social Worker & Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator
About Mrs. Trupti Thanekar
Mrs Trupti Thanekar working as Sr.Medical Social Worker working at cancer centre since last 12 years. She is dedicated to offer cancer patients all kinds of services from counselling to rehabilitation. Every year she have been conducting activities for the patients & their relatives. She Have been instrumental in organizing related to cancer awareness ,prevention & rehabilitation.Medical Social workerers provide a unique & integral part of patient care by addressing the social environmental ,financial & emotional need of the patients & family ,across the spectrum of cancer care offered by the various prog & supportive services at Ruby Hall clinic. Medical Social Works Dept, works closely with Ruby Hall Clinic team of health professionals to ensure the Quality care for patients.
Also playing an important role as BMT coordinator, Bone Marrow transplant is very demanding medical procedure. Patient and the relatives finds it very difficult and very stressful financially and emotionally. Coordinators intervention in this process is very important as she is going to make them understand about the situation empathetically. The coordinator is explaining the procedure from beginning till end with due complication. It is a good way to discuss the entire process along with the doctors and nurses, patient & donor involved in video consent procedure before the patient goes for transplant procedure. It will help patient & their family to take decision firmly & getting all the scientific information about BMT. The Bone marrow transplant co-ordinator will help patients & family to go through the entire BMT procedure through counselling, fund raising & regular follow-up.
MSW ALSO ORGANIZES ACTIVITIES FOR PATIENTS & THEIR FAMILIES LIKE:-
- Rose day celebration for the cancer patients.
- Children’s day & christmas day celebration.
- Breast cancer support group for the patients & relatives.
- Awareness programs for anybody who seeks to know more about cancer.
- Cancer screening camp & thalassemia awarness prog.
- Family support group for cancer caregivers
- Education programme for oral cancer patients.
- Awareness sessions in other organizations & social agencies.
- *Wish fulfillments of pediatric cancer patients with the help of make a wish foundation
- Awareness programme for rhc staff & class 4 workers regarding cancer awareness
- BMT survivor meet & bone marrow donation drive